Lalvin EC1118™ has been selected in a famous sparkling wine region for its excellent properties in producing sparkling base wine as well as “in-bottle” secondary fermentation.
It is very resistant to osmotic pressure. Lalvin EC1118™ is known for its robust and reliable fermentation kinetics. Its sensory contribution is considered neutral as it gives very little sensory contribution to the wine. It is used extensively in the world for the production of both white and red wines.
- GRAPE VARIETY PAIRING: Suitable for all grape varieties, as sensory contribution is considered neutral
- WINE STYLES: Sparkling wine base and Prise de Mousse. Useful for a wide range of applications, including wine and fruit cider fermentations
- AROMA: Neutral
- ALCOHOL TOLERANCE: Up to 18%
- FERMENTATION RANGE: 10-30°C (50-86°F)
- INOCULATION RATE: 0.2-0.4g/L